Project Support and Delivery
Artfield Projects offers a suite of tailored Project Management services to artists, designers and professionals with the aim of developing skills and delivering artworks/events.
To make the most of each opportunity those working in the cultural sector must effectively negotiate competing demands – project timelines, budgets, stakeholders, sub-contractors, along with other competing tasks. In art and design, these factors sometimes override the time spent ‘making the work’. As a result, ‘projectisation’ is a growing trend in creative practice.
Artfield Projects offers a suite of project management services, which enable creative practitioners to do what they do best – work. Services are designed to support the diverse needs of artists, designers, curators, educators, gallerists and other practitioners, so that they can prioritise practice, freeing up the time and space required to conceive and deliver artworks.
Project Support includes one-off consultancy on any of the following considerations or a combination thereof:
• Writing or editing grant and other funding applications
• Contextualising a project – identifying its users, audiences and other constituencies
• Determining a project’s viability and rationale
• Brainstorming and timelining a project’s development
• Raising or vetting the budget
• Ascertaining the logistics of production, exhibition or other forms of encounter
• Pricing works of art
• Anticipating a project’s promotion, documentation and the dissemination of its outcomes
• Transporting artworks and managing their installation / deinstallation
• Evaluating the project’s success
We begin by consulting with a practitioner Project Management is a bespoke service that may include all or many of the considerations outlined above, depending on the project. Services support any aspect of a project, such as raising the budget or evaluating a programme’s success. The scope of our service tends to increase from one project to the next.
For information about past collaborations, please visit our projects pages